Remington's Nick-names...

*Reme -- derived from your name, shortened.

*Duckie
-- because in one of the first ultrasound pictures we had of you in utero, you resembeled a little duck with plumage atop the head. Your face was turned towards what looked like a duck's preening feathers at tail's end.

*Son-shine -- because Daddy sings a special song for you, all about you being his Son.

*Little Him -- this moniker came about because someone was talking to you about your Dad. They said: "we know you love Him (meaning Daddy)." After that, I started calling you "Little Him."

*Squeaker -- from Aunt Joyce because you squeaked at her every time she picked you up.

*Little Man -- from Daddy whenever he sings to you or says loving things to you.

*Cuddle Bug
-- because you snuggle with Mommie whenever she burps you or whenever you are sleeping in her arms.

*Mommie's Tigger -- because as you are learning to walk and crawl you either get on your hands and knees and rock back and forth in a bouncing motion OR stand up and bounce, bounce, bounce. Also, you enjoy being bounced on the bed, or in your Exer-saucer. Sometimes you will stand on the couch, holding on to the back of the couch, me or Daddy and bounce away!

*Speed Racer -- because as you are crawling you move lightening fast!!!!!

*Mister -- Daddy started calling you "Mister" after you turned one year of age because you are maturing so fast. It is a nick-name that came about quite by accident...Daddy was trying to spit out Little Man, but somehow the words Mister Man came out and then got shortened to 'Mister.'

*Lil' Tornado -- because you are a whirlwind! You are interested in EVERYTHING and get into EVERYTHING...and as my adventurer...I think it is wonderful!

*Haaaaamm Sanwich -- because you have an amazing sense of humor!!! This nick-name started when you were 18 months old. You have the funnest personality!









Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blink....

~~~Reme, I feel that if I blink I am going to miss something! You are growing and changing so quickly. You are becoming more independent and your darling personality grows and grows...I think you are a wonderful kid. This month, your fourth month of life, saw you learning how to maneuver food into your mouth from a spoon, go from lying to sitting, standing with assistance, rolling from back to tummy...among other things.

One change I've noticed is with your Nursing time...I've been reluctant to wean you from it because you worked so hard in those initial weeks of life to help Mommie produce milk for your survival, but I feel the weaning is nigh...you need me less and less as you look around, observing your world. You are becoming a busier, more active person. Recently, you have been working on holding your own bottle...Daddy and I now call any Nursing moment "comfort Nursing" because it seems that you Nurse to help you wind down rather than for nourishment.

Other changes have occurred...you seem to want to get up and go but aren't quite there yet, so we work on keeping you excited and interested in your world.

Daddy plays and plays and plays with you. You and he fly about the house like there is no tomorrow (Dad holds you in his arms and carts you tummy down with your arms out through the house, you and he pretend to be in different parts of the world, and anything goes -- the both of you are so imaginative).

Some of the things you and I've done this month to help you grow and develop:
1) Music Monday's -- we listen to different genre's of music all day long...
2) Tearing paper -- you love the sound the tearing makes and find fascination in the different shapes...
3) Balloon day -- we tied a string to a balloon and you patted at it, riveted by the motion, movement, and colors (we had three different balloon color's -- red, green and blue)
4) Ooopsie-daisy -- this is a game to get you liking your tummy more...we start on your back and roll from side to side onto your tummy and then back to your back saying: "oopsie-daisy."
5) Pots and Pans -- Mommie took out wooden spoons and pans and we used the spoons to bang on the pots and pans...
6) Sensory development -- Mommie took out several spices and let you smell them (cinnamon, oregano, thyme, basil, lemon pepper, onion, garlic, nutmeg, allspice, and paprika)-- you only made a face at the dried onion (it was strong)!

Your Dad and I are continually trying to find new things to do with you since you want to constantly be learning about your world. I read to you a lot and occasionally you watch Sesame Street. This month has been loads and loads of fun for all of us. I anticipate many more memories over the next few months...Daddy and I can't wait to share and start Holiday traditions with you.

Remington, I adore you so much. I am soo glad and amazed you are my child. I love you with all of my heart and more. Daddy loves you tremendously...you are the light of our lives; a joy to be around.

Love Forever and x Infinity,

Mommie.

No comments:

Post a Comment