Remington's Nick-names...

*Reme -- derived from your name, shortened.

*Duckie
-- because in one of the first ultrasound pictures we had of you in utero, you resembeled a little duck with plumage atop the head. Your face was turned towards what looked like a duck's preening feathers at tail's end.

*Son-shine -- because Daddy sings a special song for you, all about you being his Son.

*Little Him -- this moniker came about because someone was talking to you about your Dad. They said: "we know you love Him (meaning Daddy)." After that, I started calling you "Little Him."

*Squeaker -- from Aunt Joyce because you squeaked at her every time she picked you up.

*Little Man -- from Daddy whenever he sings to you or says loving things to you.

*Cuddle Bug
-- because you snuggle with Mommie whenever she burps you or whenever you are sleeping in her arms.

*Mommie's Tigger -- because as you are learning to walk and crawl you either get on your hands and knees and rock back and forth in a bouncing motion OR stand up and bounce, bounce, bounce. Also, you enjoy being bounced on the bed, or in your Exer-saucer. Sometimes you will stand on the couch, holding on to the back of the couch, me or Daddy and bounce away!

*Speed Racer -- because as you are crawling you move lightening fast!!!!!

*Mister -- Daddy started calling you "Mister" after you turned one year of age because you are maturing so fast. It is a nick-name that came about quite by accident...Daddy was trying to spit out Little Man, but somehow the words Mister Man came out and then got shortened to 'Mister.'

*Lil' Tornado -- because you are a whirlwind! You are interested in EVERYTHING and get into EVERYTHING...and as my adventurer...I think it is wonderful!

*Haaaaamm Sanwich -- because you have an amazing sense of humor!!! This nick-name started when you were 18 months old. You have the funnest personality!









Monday, November 22, 2010

7 Month Recap...







Pictures Bottom to Top: "Yo Adrienne!," "Gettin' Ready to Walk," "Hehehehehe," "5 O'Clock Shadow," "Sleepy Pie"~~~Remington, Where do I start with a re-cap of such a busy month? You are growing by leaps and bounds! You were 19 and a half pounds and 26 inches long when Daddy and I measured you last (which was about 3 weeks into your 7th month), and you've grown since then! You had two teeth emerge this month. They were your two bottom teeth, which was a shocker...we expected to see two top teeth come through first, even though normal development indicates it will be bottoms as the first teeth to arrive. We thought it would be top teeth because of how much you kept searching for hard things to bite on that would affect the top gum line. In any case, the novelty of your teeth is NOT wearing off, for Mommie anyway. I am surprised every time you try to bite me!!! You are a kind boy, though, you've never bitten Mom when you were Nursing. I feel lucky and grateful for that because you've got power in your bite!

Daddy shaved your fine hair this month hoping that your hair will come in thicker than mine and his as we both have very fine hair. If you have a nice head of hair like both of your Grandma's you will be lucky indeed! It is a gorgeous sandy blonde color. Your eyes appear to be the golden brown that your Dad has, not hazel like Mommie's. They are beautiful.

This month you discovered how much you like to stand. If we don't practice with you often throughout the day you get irritated. You have a bit of a temper (probably a result of your Syrian, Irish, German heritage). However, even with a temper you are a very happy and content baby with loads and loads of personality. I love to hear you laugh and watch you play. You get very serious with your play and play really, really hard and intently. It is cute to observe.

This month has proven that you are a social butterfly. Every place we visited had you interested in others and engaging in their "space." It was darling to watch you observe others and interact with them! You especially had fun with your Uncle Bob during a family dinner engagement. He lifted you from your legs and held you out. You stood straight and tall as you were being lifted; and, all the while you were not afraid and had a cute smile on your face. I think you know you are special!

Some of the pictures in this re-cap are Mom's favorites. I like "Yo, Adrienne!" because it seems as if you are in a sweat suit raising arms in celebration of an accomplishment, and if this were true (i.e. not a pose set up by Mom and Dad) then you would be right...you accomplish much each day!

In the "Gettin' Ready to Walk" photo, this is an example of how much you like to practice standing. You are not quite ready to go roving, so I am thankful for the breaks on the walker, but you are close. I expect you will walk before you crawl. At about 71/2 months you started to scootch on your back. You tilt your head back, arch your back and then "buck" to move. It is waaay cute! You still refuse to be on your stomach much and I don't think you will crawl, but the other ways you figure out how to get around amaze me (you also roll from back to stomacth to back until you get to where you want to be).

"Hehehehe" is a photo that shows your cute personality...you love to laugh, play, smile. You love music and to learn. I LOVE that about you...

"5 O'clock Shadow" and "Sleepy Pie" occurred when Dad tried to change your schedule from a 4pm to a 5pm dinner. You could hardly stay awake to finish your meal. You did and then you were out like a light!!!!

Nap times and a nap routine have been hard to come by...you want to "play, laugh, grow" instead of sleep. It has been like hitting a brick wall to get you to nap in 2 hour increments twice daily, but you are doing this about every other day. At the end of this month I decided that I am not going to force you into a nap schedule...it just makes us both have a bad day when I do, so unless you totally stop sleeping thorough the night because you are over tired, I am going to be fine with the cat naps you take throughout the day (15 to 45 minutes). You are a happy fella, aferall.

My love for you grows and grows every day. I know how lucky I am that you chose me for your Mother. I cherish our days and time together. I hope you always know that you are special and unique...a most precious blessing to me and this world.

Love Forever and x Infinity,

Mommie.

No comments:

Post a Comment