
Remington, Mommie thinks it is so important to instill fun traditions in our home. One thing my Mom, your Grandma Halverson, excelled at was in making the Holiday's special for me and your Aunt Joyce. I want to emulate her creativity, and magic! So with that in mind, and with the knowledge that your curiosity about the world around you was growing, I decorated with passion this year. One of my favorite components of 2010's Holiday decor was the family of bears.
Your Dad started a tradition whereby I would get a bear each year for Christmas. Although I didn't bring forth the entire collection, I put out the first three bears I received. This mini collection included Momma Bear, Papa Bear, and Baby Bear. I thought it was cute because it is exactly our current living situation.
I also liked our stockings...they are shoes, a tennis shoe for Dad, and a mini-tennis shoe for you; and, a ballet slipper for Mom. As a girl I had a ballet slipper that was white and red. Your Grandma Halverson made these so I could carry over some things I loved.
Our tree was decorated with a garland ribbon that had bells. Symbolic of Mommie introducing her favorite Christmas music to you. I LOVE, LoVe, Love "Carol of the Bells" to hear human voices emulate bells is amazing.
As you mature, I can't wait to hear what your favorite traditions, moments, and music of Christmas will be. I hope I do the Holiday's justice and make them really special for you.
I love you so much that I hope I can always give you the best of me: ideas, talent, hope, wisdom, fun...
Love Forever and x Infinity,
Mommie.
No comments:
Post a Comment