Remington's Nick-names...

*Reme -- derived from your name, shortened.

*Duckie
-- because in one of the first ultrasound pictures we had of you in utero, you resembeled a little duck with plumage atop the head. Your face was turned towards what looked like a duck's preening feathers at tail's end.

*Son-shine -- because Daddy sings a special song for you, all about you being his Son.

*Little Him -- this moniker came about because someone was talking to you about your Dad. They said: "we know you love Him (meaning Daddy)." After that, I started calling you "Little Him."

*Squeaker -- from Aunt Joyce because you squeaked at her every time she picked you up.

*Little Man -- from Daddy whenever he sings to you or says loving things to you.

*Cuddle Bug
-- because you snuggle with Mommie whenever she burps you or whenever you are sleeping in her arms.

*Mommie's Tigger -- because as you are learning to walk and crawl you either get on your hands and knees and rock back and forth in a bouncing motion OR stand up and bounce, bounce, bounce. Also, you enjoy being bounced on the bed, or in your Exer-saucer. Sometimes you will stand on the couch, holding on to the back of the couch, me or Daddy and bounce away!

*Speed Racer -- because as you are crawling you move lightening fast!!!!!

*Mister -- Daddy started calling you "Mister" after you turned one year of age because you are maturing so fast. It is a nick-name that came about quite by accident...Daddy was trying to spit out Little Man, but somehow the words Mister Man came out and then got shortened to 'Mister.'

*Lil' Tornado -- because you are a whirlwind! You are interested in EVERYTHING and get into EVERYTHING...and as my adventurer...I think it is wonderful!

*Haaaaamm Sanwich -- because you have an amazing sense of humor!!! This nick-name started when you were 18 months old. You have the funnest personality!









Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Missing Easter Egg Caper...

Dear Remington,

You are soo precious in all that you do! You make me smile so much and my heart continually sings with happines just for you being YOU!

You have been sooo excited about Easter for a few weeks and totally understand that the Easter Bunny will be coming to our house. When asked what the Easter Bunny does you say: "hop-hop-hop." Today (4-7-12), prior to me going to work, you sang the first verse of the song "Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail." I had only sang that song to you twice, but when you sang it you sang all of the words correctly with the cutest smile on your face. You were sitting in your play room and started to wiggle with some cute dance moves while you were singing. You extended your elbow, in your signature move and it was sooo cute.

We dyed Easter eggs on April 4th, a Wednseday. The next day, when Mommie was making lunch for you, you picked up the dried eggs and kept asking: "Easter Bunny, hide eggs?" I said, "Yes, the Easter Bunny will hide eggs when he comes on Sunday, in 3 days." I turned to get a plate for your lunch and in that short time one of the eggs vanished. I asked you where the egg was and you said: "Easter Bunny, hide egg." I replied: "No, Reme, the Easter Bunyy doesn't come until Sunday, where did you hide the egg?" You smiled and said: "out there." Well, we looked EVERYWHERE and could not find the egg. I imagined that it would not be found until you were ready to reveal its location or until rotten egg smell permeated our home. Fortunately, Daddy made the same lunch Mommie had been fixing on the 5th -- a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. You and he found the rogue egg in the raspberry jam!

I laughed so hard when I was told where the egg had been found becuase you really use your imagination very well. I think also, sometimes in the mischief you make, that you have a really, really great sense of humor.

I am glad. Humor and imagination lead to many happy adventures; and, I want you to have loads of them!

Love Forever and X Infinity,

Mommie.

No comments:

Post a Comment