


Dear Remington: I'd like to say that your one month milestone was one without trial and a very blissful day for you, but it came with the most severe diaper rash you've experienced in your short life. Daddy and I have been fighting diaper rashes since you've come home from the Hospital because you have been on Amoxicillin to prevent a Kidney infection. Just when we thought we'd found the perfect remedy and you'd never get a diaper rash again, we discovered this terrible testament to it this morning. We are confounded as we've never kept you in a wet or messy diaper (you hate those and totally let us know to get you the H out of them). We feel we've tried everything...and so today, we have been supplementing all the other advice from the Pediatrician with soaking your bum in a mixture of 2 Tbsp. of baking soda and warm water (the prerogative of Dr. Sears) then leaving your bottom open to air. You are a modest child and don't like to be un-dressed in the least, but we are all mulling through...hoping to eliminate the rash, pain, and any other discomforts associated with it. Hopefully, the rash WILL be short lived. But, trying to find the positive in all experiences, what I've learned from you today is that there will be times when I CAN'T fully help you or take a bad experience away from you. This hurts my heart more than you will ever know, but I am sure it is essential for you to be the unique and wonderful person you are meant to be...I know that you will handle each trial that your life journey brings you with grace, dignity, persistence, and determination. Today shows how strong you are -- if you can handle today's trial, I am certain you can handle most anything!
Love Forever and x Infinity,
Mommie
P.S. Pictures Bottom to Top: Just Reme, Poor Reme, and Fussbucket! These are pictures of you right before your bath and directly after-wards.
No comments:
Post a Comment