Pictures Bottom to Top: Bath-time, April 11, 2010, Duckie out of Water, Little Him getting his Hair Washed, Hmmm -- Maybe Bath-time IS Fun!~~~Reme, I love bath-time with you. At this stage in your life it is a ritual that relaxes both of us. So far, you are still too little to fit into your tub, which goes into the adult bath-tub, so we are still washing you in the Kitchen sink. After each bath, you get pampered -- Mom pats you dry, warms baby lotion and douses you in it using Dr. T. Berry Brazelton's touch-point technique...you also get your hair brushed and then you are dressed. For some reason, bath-time relieves all of my angst over the things gone wrong as I am learning about you...the ritual of bath-time just reminds me that we have a very special bond. What I have learned from bathing you is that every mistake I make as I try to anticipate your needs is a teaching mechanism that etches your cries, grunts, giggles, and smiles in my memory so I may discern the best way to help you. I feel that each day I have an opportunity to care for and love you I am given a gift...the gift of knowing you better, and that, my Son warms my heart beyond measure.
Love Forever and x Infinity,
Mommie.
No comments:
Post a Comment