My Darling Son, Remington, these pictures were taken March 12, 2012 -- 6 days before your 2nd birthday. I love how these turned out...a beautiful afternoon on the verge of Spring with Winter still lingering. It was romantic, but even better we were able to get together as a family, something that doesn't happen often at this point because Daddy and I work opposite schedules so we don't need a baby sitter or any hired child care. It was a day that incorporated hiking, running, and enjoying our immediate surroundings in Tooele, Utah. I love the picture whereby you start running after the bicyclist, run quite a ways, and then turn around as if to say: "are you coming, Mom?" It is a great reminder to me how important it is for me to obtain the gift of fitness, health, clean eating, and to pass along what I learn to you so you can stay fit and fabulous at any age. For "old ducks" your Dad and I aren't doing too bad!!!
In reviewing our pictures, I was reminded of the song: "Life is a Highway" -- here are the lyrics:
"Well, life is like a road that you travel on
There's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind.
There's a world outside every darkened door
Where Blues won't haunt you any more
For the brave are free and lovers soar
Come ride with me to the distant shore.
We won't hesitate
To break down the guarding gate
There's not much time left today, yeay.
Life is a highway, I want to ride it all night long
If you're going my way, I want to drive it all night long.
Through all these cities and all these towns
It's in my blood and it's all around
I love now like I loved you then
This is the road and these are the hands
From Mozambique to those Memphis nights
The Khyber Pass to Vancouver's lights.
They knock me down
And back up again
You're in my blood
I'm not a lonely man
There's no load I can't hold
The road's so rough this I know
I'll be there when the light comes in
Just tell 'em we're survivors.
Life is a highway, I want to ride it all night long
If you're going my way, I want to drive it all night long.
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, yeah
Life is a highway, I want to ride it all night long
If you're going my way, I want to drive it all night long.
There was a distance between you and I
(between you and I)
A misunderstanding once
But now, we look it in the eye
Ooooo...Yeah!
There ain't no load that I can't hold
The road's so rough this I know
I'll be there when the light comes in
Just tell 'em we're survivors
Life is a highway, I want to ride it all night long
If you're going my way, I want to drive it all night long.
Life is a highway, I want to ride it all night long
If you're going my way, I want to drive it all night long.
Life is a highway, I want to ride it all night long
If you're going my way, I want to drive it all night long.
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, yeah..."
This version performed by Rascal Flatts
Written by Tom Cochrane in 1991.
No comments:
Post a Comment