Dearest Remington,
Winter is Mommie's favorite season and I love to get out side and do fun things in the snow. Besides building snow people, I love to ice skate, ski, and go sledding. I guess I have amazing memories from my childhood of doing these things. I remember my Mom packing thermos' of hot chocolate, cheese, grapes, and crackers for our treks in the snow. I also remember making Snow Angels and Snowmen with my Sister's (Joyce Faye and Alex). We laughed a lot despite the frigid coldness of the Utah Winter's. As I got older and matured, I remember snow shoeing, snowball fights, hay rides in the snow...along with barn dances....I remember being enchanted at Bridal Veil falls, watching as balloons with colored water in them popped on the icicles, turning them into magnificent array's of color...
Besides the winter activities above, I love how the snow looks right after a snowfall when the Sun comes out. It seems like there are diamonds glittering in the Snow. This always was a magical, serene moment for me, and still is to this day.
I hope beyond hope you will like winter and want to do some of the fun activities I love...
With that hope alive, you and I went out to play in the snow on February 20th, right after a delightful snow fall. The day was bright and glorious. You mostly wanted to pick up the snow and eat it, but you would roll tiny tufts of snow into the most perfect snowballs. Once Mommie got all three segments of our snowman set, you helped add the eyes, nose, and mouth (all of the components of which were found as we took a mini-break from snowman building and walked around the block).
You LOVED this snowman, and once we were inside, we sang "Frosty the Snowman" about a gazillion times. We also watched the animated cartoon even though it was two months post Christmas.
Our snow friend lasted about three days. We would look outside everyday to see if he was still there, and finally peeked to see our friend gone. You cried a little bit and then Mom took you to Wendy's to get a "frosty." I shouldn't have called their chocolate shake by the name they use because you refused to eat it...I know you were thinking: "poor frosty, he melted and now I am going to eat him." Mom will never use that term again unless it is in reference to YOUR Frosty the Snowman.
Love Forever and X Infinity,
Mommie.
No comments:
Post a Comment